Parish Respect Life Ministry
In addition to hosting diocesan-level activities and events and serving as a resource for the teaching of the Church on the sanctity of human life, the Respect Life Office provides support for the development and coordination of our parish Respect Life ministries. Each parish within our diocese has the opportunity to support a volunteer ministry to provide education, pastoral care, prayer and worship, and public policy advocacy programs, activities, and events for fellow parishioners. The designation of a Parish Respect Life Coordinator must be approved by the parish pastor.
The Parish Respect Life Coordinator works directly with the diocesan Respect Life Office and with fellow coordinators to participate in parish, deanery,and diocesan-level programs, activities and events. To start a Respect Life Committee in your parish, speak with your pastor and then contact the Respect Life Office for more information.
Parish Respect Life Coordinators
Priests & Pastors
Prayer & Worship
Papal Encyclicals & Church Documents
- Coordinate Respect Life program with other organizations in the parish and school by providing topics and content for discussions.
- Promote activities such pregnancy counseling or post-abortive healing
- Encourage and support parishioner’s efforts to assist the chronically ill, disabled or dying in their families
- Sponsor programs of prayer for mothers and unborn children, for those who are dying, those who are disabled, and for those who are imprisoned and those they have harmed
- Foster awareness of the need to restore legal protection to the lives of the unborn and to safeguard in law the lives of those who are chronically ill, disabled, or dying
- Keep parishioners informed of legislation and organize campaigns and activities when important votes are required.